Private Tour Request
This is a private version of our foraging tour, which we can customize for your group. Please request a date and we will call to confirm within 48 hours.
Tours are suitable for all ages and abilities. You decide:
• whether you come to us or we come to you- we offer a “home inventory” service to show you what’s growing in your own yard!
• whether we take a longer hike, go for views, or visit a waterfall or swimming hole
• how much time we spend together (usually three hours)
• how much fun vs. detailed information we focus on
• whether we focus on mushrooms, plants, or both
Keep in mind that aside from the above options, if your party is less than six people, a private tour is usually only preferable if you are already at an intermediate level or otherwise require special attention. Otherwise, a larger group tends to make for a livelier tour — plus we find more!
- Tours start at $450 for 1-6 adults. Additional adults or children are $75 and $30 each, respectively. Children four and under are free.
– experts lead all ages and abilities
– foraging plants & maybe mushrooms
– restaurant appetizer with your finds at one of five Asheville restaurants
– cooking demo and tasting
– optional cooking class
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
We recommend long pants, socks, and sturdy shoes.
What if it rains?
Tours are generally rain or shine. Check the forecast and dress appropriately.
For more FAQ, see here.