Please request a date and we will call to confirm and take payment within 48 hours.
This is a private version of our Foraging tour, which we can customize for your group. You decide:
• whether you come to us or we come to you- we offer a “home inventory” service to show you what’s growing in your own yard!
• whether we take a longer hike, go for views, or visit a waterfall or swimming hole
• how much time we spend together (usually three hours)
• how much fun vs. detailed information we focus on
• whether we focus on mushrooms, plants, or both
Keep in mind that aside from the above options, if your party is less than six people, a private tour is usually only preferable if you are already at an intermediate level or otherwise require special attention. Otherwise, a larger group tends to make for a livelier tour — plus we find more!
Tours are suitable for all ages and abilities.
– experts lead all ages and abilities
– foraging plants & maybe mushrooms
– restaurant appetizer with your finds at one of five Asheville restaurants
– cooking demo and tasting
– optional cooking class
What should I wear?
We recommend long pants, socks, and sturdy shoes.
What if it rains?
Tours are generally rain or shine. Check the forecast and dress appropriately. For last minute concerns, see our Contact Page.