Wander through field and forest with expert guides, foraging mushrooms, wild fruits and more. Enjoy a cooking demo, tasting, and, after the tour, a free appetizer featuring your finds at one of Asheville’s top restaurants.
- Adults Ages 12+
- Children Ages 5-11
- Children Ages 4 and younger
NOTE: Please review our “COVID-19 Safeguards” below.
Restaurant option currently unavailable.
On this leisurely tour, just five minutes from downtown Asheville, we meet about a dozen of the area’s top wild foods. Afterward, you can return to the hotel to enjoy a stunning view of the sunset and dinner with a free appetizer featuring the edibles you met on the tour. Note: this tour does not include foraging.
- Experts lead all ages and abilities
- Meet 10 – 12 edible wild plants and maybe mushrooms
- Restaurant appetizer with your finds at The Grove Park Inn (currently unavailable)
- 15% discount on any Asheville Food Tours or Navitat Zipline booking
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between the wild food stroll and the foraging tour?
The foraging tour takes place 15 – 45 minutes outside of town, lasts twice as long, and includes actual foraging, a cooking demo/tasting, and several restaurant options.
What should I wear?
We recommend long pants, socks, and sturdy shoes.
What if it rains?
Tours are generally rain or shine. Check the forecast and dress appropriately. For last-minute concerns, see our Contact Page.
Where exactly does the tour meet?
See directions here.
All guests must bring a face covering for the tour and review the following questions before arrival. If your answer is “yes” to any of the following, we would kindly ask that you reschedule or cancel your reservation for the safety of our staff and other guests.
– Have you had a fever or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
– Have you been around anyone with a fever or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
– Have you been diagnosed with or been around anyone diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 30 days?
– Have you traveled outside of the United States in the last 30 days?
Thank you for helping keep all guests and staff safe!