Discover some of our area’s most common edibles of woods and meadows just five minutes from downtown Asheville. Afterwards, enjoy a free appetizer featuring edibles seen on the tour at the Grove Park Inn’s sunset-view restaurant.
- Adults Ages 12+
- Children Ages 5-11
- Children Ages 4 and younger
NOTE: Please review our “COVID-19 Safeguards” below.
Join us off the “eaten” path as we find and gather over a dozen wild edibles. We whip up a little tasting right on the trail. Take home the rest of your finds and/or get ready for some find dining when one of our award-winning restaurant partners prepares your catch of the day, with lunch, brunch or dinner, for free. Wild mushroom pizza, daylily tamales, sassafras root beer, wisteria ice cream… it all depends on what we find!
Various natural areas 15 to 45 minutes from downtown Asheville. Tour locations are chosen three days before the tour, judging by the forecast and on what wild foods are out at the time.
We meet on site. You will receive an email with a link to directions, which will also be posted on our website.
- Experts lead all ages and abilities
- Foraging plants and sometimes mushrooms
- Cooking demo and tasting
- Appetizer featuring your finds (with meal purchased separately) at one of five Asheville restaurants
- Intro e-book
- 15% discount on any Asheville Food Tours or Navitat booking
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between the wild food stroll and the foraging tour?
The stroll takes place at an in-town resort, lasts half as long, and does not include actual foraging, a cooking demo/tasting, or more than one restaurant option.
How strenuous are the tours?
We walk no more than half a mile on flat ground, stopping frequently.
What do we need to bring with us?
- Face covering
- Sturdy shoes
- Long pants and light-colored clothes
- Bug spray, preferably non-toxic (Natrapel recommended)
- A hat and/or wind jacket or rain gear as needed
- Water and snacks
- Bag lunch for after the tour (optional but recommended)
- Camera, optional
For more info and other FAQ, see here.
All guests must bring a face covering for the tour and review the following questions before arrival. If your answer is “yes” to any of the following, we would kindly ask that you reschedule or cancel your reservation for the safety of our staff and other guests.
– Have you had a fever or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
– Have you been around anyone with a fever or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
– Have you been diagnosed with or been around anyone diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 30 days?
– Have you traveled outside of the United States in the last 30 days?
Thank you for helping keep all guests and staff safe!