3-hour tour at various natural areas around Asheville
Join us “off the eaten path” as we find and gather over a dozen wild edibles. We’ll whip up a little tasting. Then get ready for some find dining when one of three award-winning restaurants prepares your “catch of the day,” with lunch or dinner, for free. Wild mushroom pizza, daylily tamales, sassafras root beer, wisteria ice cream… it all depends on what we find!
March-November: 9:30-12:30 on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and 1:30-4:30 on Saturdays
Various natural areas 15 to 45 minutes from downtown Asheville. We decide where to go to three days before the tour, judging by the forecast and on what wild foods are out at the time.
We meet on site. You will receive an email with a link to directions, which will also be posted on the website.
- experts lead all ages and abilities
- foraging plants & sometimes mushrooms
- cooking demo and tasting
- appetizer featuring your finds (with dinner purchased separately) at one of three Asheville restaurants
- intro e-book
- 15% discount on any Asheville Food Tours or Navitat Zipline booking
Frequently Asked Questions
How strenuous are the tours?
We walk no more than half a mile on flat ground, stopping frequently.
What do we need to bring with us?
- sturdy shoes
- long pants and light-colored clothes
- bug spray, preferably nontoxic, Natrapel recommended
- a hat and/or wind jacket or rain gear as needed
- water and snacks
- a bag lunch for after the tour (optional but recommended)
- a camera, optional
For more info and other FAQ, see here.